Research >> Economics
Real Average Hourly Earnings unch% in August
Real average hourly earnings for all employees was unchanged from July to August, seasonally adjusted, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This result stems from a 0.3 percent increase in average hourly earnings, which was offset by a 0.3 percent increase in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U).
Real average weekly earnings was about unchanged over the month, as a result of no change in both the average work week and real average hourly earnings. Since reaching a recent low in October 2009, real average weekly earnings have risen 2.0 percent.
Real average hourly earnings rose 0.5 percent, seasonally adjusted, from August 2009 to August 2010. A 1.2 percent increase in average weekly hours, combined with the increase in real average hourly earnings resulted in a 1.7 percent increase in real average weekly earnings during this period.
Posted: September 17, 2010 Friday 08:30 AM