Research >> Economics
Real Average Hourly Earnings was unchanged% in June
Real average hourly earnings for all employees was unchanged from May to June, seasonally adjusted, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This result stems from a 0.4 percent increase in average hourly earnings being offset by a 0.5 percent increase in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U).
Real average weekly earnings fell 0.1 percent over the month due to the unchanged real average hourly earnings and an unchanged average workweek.
Real average hourly earnings rose 0.4 percent, seasonally adjusted, from June 2012 to June 2013. The increase in real average hourly earnings, combined with a 0.3 percent increase in the average workweek, resulted in a 0.7 percent increase in real average weekly earnings over this period.
Posted: July 16, 2013 Tuesday 08:30 AM